Who we are
Barnabas Missions Unlimited (BMU), incorporated in 1991 as a non-profit tax-exempt religious organization, is committed to equipping lay people, pastors, and those with a specific call to the work of the evangelist to reach the lost with the gospel. Its Board of Directors has representatives from the accounting, real estate, computer, business consulting, retail and medical professions.
Our vision: Informing, equipping, recruiting, and connecting.
INFORMING. Barnabas Missions Unlimited is committed to informing lay people, pastors, and those with a specific call to the work of the evangelist to reach the lost with the Gospel. Toward those efforts, we...
- encourage, through promotional and educational literature (i.e.; newsletters, brochures, tracts, etc.) continual involvement in evangelism efforts by the Body of Christ around the world.
- assist in the production of evangelism curriculum, literature, and training materials for use in both local and foreign mission fields.
- provide spiritual oversight and accountability for those involved with BMU.
- organize and promote both long term and short-term mission efforts to various parts of the world by providing planning resources, leadership skills/training, fund raising activities, and overall sponsorship of such endeavors.
- support the theological education of students desiring to enter ordained ministry upon completion of their studies with scholarship assistance toward tuition expenses.
EQUIPPING. To help equip the body of Christ to be better at sharing their journey with others we provide...
- standardized curriculum, materials and methodologies, which we develop to help persons more effectively share their faith.
- seminars, conferences, workshops and symposiums are sponsored in conjunction with theological institutions, local churches, and parachurch organizations to provide fundamental teaching in both the theology and practice of evangelism.
- pratical hands-on training in personal evangelism techniques, which we provide in both the small group and classroom setting to assist Christians in learning how to more effectively share their faith in the church, at home and in the marketplace.
- Centers for Effective Evangelism, which will be established across North America to help train clergy and lay persons toward establishing a lifestyle of evangelism for the ordinary Christian.
RECRUITING. Because the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, we need to raise up...
- equipping evangelists, called to serve the Church as Ministers of Evangelism in either an ordained or lay capacity.
- missionary evangelists, willing to dedicate a year or more to evangelistic work in local churches across the Americas.
- supporting Christians, willing to share in God’s financial provision to help BMU complete its mission to the lost of the world.
CONNECTING. We believe it is imperative for the body of Christ to work together to see God’s purposes realized in this world by...
- sponsoring churches dedicated to working with both the equipping and missionary evangelists to reach the lost of their communities.
- establishing, with existing academic institutions, regional Centers for Effective Evangelism across the Americas.
How we’ll get there: Prayer, planning, implementation and assessment.
As a learning organization we are committed to seeking and listening to the voice of God for his direction for our ministry. We also know that the Holy Spirit leads through strategic planning when there is in openness to the spontaneity and inspiration that can come only from Him. Yet it is not just strategic thinking that the Lord anoints, but strategic action as well, and we are committed to moving beyond the theoretical to the grass-roots application of our concepts to implement biblical principles into the practices of everyday life. Finally, we know that with authority comes responsibility and we embrace ways of continually assessing the fruit of our labors in order to be good stewards of the resources God has given us.
Rev. Brian M. Kelly, Ph.D.
Winning the lost, preaching the Gospel, and teaching others to do likewise
I have been an ‘equipping’ evangelist for nearly 20 years, helping church leaders, lay persons and academicians to reach out to those lost and broken without Christ. The complexities of our culture present a unique challenge to Christians to learn to communicate in effective ways the unchangeable truths of the Gospel.
—Rev. Brian M. Kelly, Ph.D.
President and Founder
Rev. Brian Kelly, earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Trinity Bible College, an M.A. in Biblical Studies, and a Ph.D. in Practical Theology with an emphasis in Spirituality and Evangelism from Fuller Theological Seminary. Brian’s life ambition is
to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the whole Body of Christ may be built up... and become mature.
Read A Practical Theology of Evangelism, an article Dr. Kelly published in the Journal of the Academy for Evangelism in Theological Education